Monday, December 1, 2008

I Kissed Dating Goodbye



Hello Folks,

As a teenager I have had some problems with my relationship in the past. I was to the point of giving up. I had friends up with me into the late hours trying to talk things through with me. But nothing ever seemed to work. It would help me for a little while...but soon I would fall back into that rut. Not until my boyfriend asked me to read a book he was reading did I find the answers to my questions. Between it and the Bible I did I should say. I'm sure most of you have heard of "I Kissed Dating Goodbye." If not than I encourage you to get that book and read it. It is such a blessing. I so many favorite quotes from this book. But I will only list one.

I Kissed Dating Goodbye pg. 21: "Smart love constantly grows and deepens in its practical knowledge and insight; it opens our eyes to see God's best for our lives, enabling us to be pure and blameless in His sight."

I didn't practice smart love. I lived "dumb love"-choosing what felt good for me instead of what was good for others and what pleased God. Waiting until I'm ready for commitment before pursuing romance is just one example of smart love. My boyfriend and I are still together. This book has just helped us a lot!

I urge you to get that book and read it if you haven't already. It will help you fix any problems you are having with dating! It's worth it! So please don't wait!And even if you're not having problems or not in a relationship, it is still good to read. It will teach you what to do in a relationship for when you are in one!

Well folks that's all I have to say today. Until next time stay true!

oxox Meggie oxox

No comments: